Monday 31 October 2011

Introduction

Hello, all!

My name is Sess, and this is a blog about television, specifically my opinion of it. I don’t come from a media background, I’ve never properly studied it, all my broadcast knowledge comes from watching media-related shows, media critics such as Victor Lewis-Smith and Charlie Brooker, directors’ commentaries, and reading literature about it in the university library to avoid doing the work I was actually meant to be doing.

The premise is that I watch the pilot (or first episode, if the pilot isn’t representative of the series) of a programme I’ve never seen before. I draw on the pathetic amount of knowledge I have and give my first impressions of it, being as critical as I can.

I’m open to suggestions of series to watch, and I’m up for watching anything - reality, drama, comedy, documentary.

I’m not just here to rip the piss out of ridiculous shows (although that’s probably what I’ll be doing a lot!), I really would like to discover some new, interesting and entertaining things to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment